The aloha spirit and the concept of ohana are not mere words to us, they mean that we care for other each including those we don't know.
~ Linda Lingle

17 October 2011

snapping and uploading

I started to take pictures of all the projects that I have in my apartment - and I didn't realize how few things I still have!  That said, I know a few people who have things that I made them who I am going to ask politely if they will let me take a picture of them wearing it.

While I think it is important to photograph items, I think it add a little something extra if you take the picture of the person who now owns it as well.  I think I might offer a discount to customers who send me a picture of them with their new treasure (it also will encourage them to buy from me again *teeheehee*) for me to post either on my FB page or my blog or both.

I mentioned earlier that it is important to photograph items, and I believe this is completely necessary from a buyers stand point but also from an artists standpoint.  I think as a buyer, people want to now only see what the item looks like, but how it falls, how big the charms are, how long the chain is, etc; but when people not only put love into the items, but into the photographs of them it shows.  It shows how much they care about what they do.  Now, as an amateur photographer I tend to pay more attention to the pictures than most people.  I not only look at how people set things up, but how they capture them.  While many people do not think there is anything wrong with simply placing items flat on a table, snapping a shot or two, and then posting said shot(s), there is - it shows that you aren't willing to spend the extra few seconds to show different views of this piece of yourself that you've just created.  Now, I take it a step further and I artsify most of my pictures; and this is simply because I think it makes them more interesting (I still try and post at least one picture without modifications though).

After spending about two hours setting up shots, snapping pictures, and then artsifying them I am finally ready to post them on my facebook page!  I hope that the more items I post up, the more inclined people will be to start ordering.  I will also add a few pictures here as a preview, but please stop by my facebook page to see all the pictures and let me know what you think.

live aloha for life!

These are from the Hope, Locks, and Keys necklace, bracelet, and earring set:




 This is a close up of the Ballet Perls clasp:
 This is a close up of the charms from the Serenity, Courage, Wisdom, Hope necklace:
 This is a hat I made when it was raining a few weeks ago because all my hats decided it was too cold and hid themselves:




No comments:

Post a Comment